Sunday, August 15, 2010

Yeah, I know. It's been two months.

The 'Potamus has been working. Deal with it.

I've had a surprising number of people emailing me and asking when I'm going to say something about the oil spill. Apparently not a few people are waiting for me to rip into BP or expecting me to do the same to the administration.

I'm not going to do that.

Yes, BP fucked up. They were clearly negligent. Yes, the government has far less power that we would want them to have in this situation. Those things are true and they are problematic. But let's not pretend that if those things were magically solved, things would be significantly better.

This is our fault. Lots of (really stupid) politicians pay lip service to the need for the US to break its addiction to foreign oil.

Those people are saying what the voters want to hear.

The voters who want to hear that are uninformed.

There's no such thing as foreign oil There is only oil.

Every drop of oil in the world, no matter where it is drawn from or refined, is sold on the open market.

It's all the same price. That's how commodities work.

So the problem isn't the oil companies or the government. The problem is us. We're addicted to oil. Unless we commit to a course of action wherein we eventually make oil prohibitively expensive, we're never going to change anything and we won't have anyone to blame but ourselves.

I'm not interested in hearing or participating in rants against BP or the administration until Americans are ready to take responsibility.

You know what else I'm not interested in hearing ever again as long as I live? The term "reverse racism."

I know I've said this before but I'm going to keep saying it because if I don't I might have to punch someone.

There no such fucking thing as "reverse racism." The reverse of racism is respect.

I'm tired of this shit.

I'm tired of Andrew Breitbart. He's a liar. The end.

I'm tired of people who should know better tucking their tails and running at the first hysterical, bullshit accusation of "reverse racism." Yes, Obama administration and NAACP, I'm fucking looking at you.

I'm tired of everyone pretending that the Tea Baggers are motivated by anything other than racism. If they weren't willing to happily embrace the most heinous and hateful elements of American culture, they would, you know, stop fucking embracing the most heinous and hateful elements of our culture.

Most of all I'm tired of people pretending that equality is something that we should be ashamed of or that "overcoming racism," means pretending that blatantly racist shit isn't racist.

Dr. Laura, actually said, "I really thought that once we had a black president, the attempt to demonize whites hating blacks would stop, but it seems to have grown, and I don't get it," out loud in public.

Pause for just a moment and go read that quote again. Did you catch that?

Let me make this clear here and now. What that dumb cunt actually said was, "haven't we given you people enough? Can't you shut up now?"

WHAT IN THE HELL WOULD MAKE ANYONE THINK THAT THE ELECTION OF A BLACK MAN WOULD MAKE WHITES HATING BLACKS OK ALL OF A SUDDEN?!

That is some stupid, racist bullshit. America could elect Black people to every single office in the nation and stupid-ass racist statements would still be stupid-ass racist statements and they would still have negative social consequences. Anyone who can't deal with that should probably keep their stupid-ass racist comments to themselves.

She also said:

"If you're that hypersensitive about color and don't have a sense of humor, don't marry out of your race."

Um, because on planet Dumb-Bitch-With-a-Radi0-Show, all White people are eventually going to show their underlying racism? That is also some stupid, racist shit.

I honestly don't have a problem with the fact that she used the word nigger. I much prefer the use of the word nigger to the use of the term "the n-word." I'm not five. I don't need people to spell things for me. I have a problem with the other things she said, the stuff she didn't apologize for. That stuff matters and no one seems to care.

No comments: