Wednesday, November 11, 2009

I was originally planning to write an entry about knitting or hoop dance. (I knit. I hoop dance. Periodically you will read about these things. Deal with it.) It was going to be light and funny, very funny. Trust me.

Then some nutcase shot up his fellow soldiers at Ft. Hood.

I’m not in the mood for light or funny right now.

There’s not much I can say about the soldiers themselves or the senseless tragedy that happened that hasn’t been said by some author or pundit or the president himself, much more eloquently than I ever could.

However, I can damned well say something about the racist, ignorant, fact-free idiocy that’s coming out about the shooter.

Fucking stop it you dumb sons-of-bitches. You’re embarrassing yourselves and me. The blatant anti-Arab, anti-Muslim hate that is casually being spewed in the wake of the Ft. Hood shootings needs to fucking stop. I mean, people should feel free to be ignorant bigots but they shouldn't use dead American soldiers as an excuse.

No comments: